Monday, February 3, 2014

Sodastream / Superbowl / House Party

I was given the opportunity from House Party to try out Sodastream and I held a Superbowl party yesterday.  I've got to tell you how excited I am about Sodastream!
If you're like me and love soda, but don't like lugging the 2 liter bottles and cans nor making so much waste....

...then you'll love the Sodastream!  All you have to lug home is the flavored syrups.  Each bottle is about 16.9 ounces and makes 12 liters!  That's about 33 cans of soda.  It's so much more convenient - not to mention it gives me a good feeling that I'm not creating more trash.
I bought some flavored syrups from Walmart (they're sold just about everywhere - not just Walmart), and we had fun creating different flavors by combining the flavors.  I made a rootbeer float that didn't have any calories!  I mixed Diet Root Beer with a splash of vanilla extract, and it tasted like I was indulging!
I think Maggie's favorite was the Kool-Aid Tropical Punch, and the teens liked the Regular Cola.  Of course all Blake wanted was the Diet Fountain Mist - he said it was identical to Mountain Dew.
You can adjust the amount of carbonation too.  I like lots of carbonation, but some people don't.  With the Sodastream, you can pump only once for a little fizzy, or up to three times for full fizzy.  Some of my guests had plain carbonated water.
After the party was over (and there was only ONE bag of trash to go out), I thought of other flavor combinations like chocolate cola using a splash of Torani chocolate with cola.  The possibilities are endless!  I'm so glad I have the Sodastream.  I can see my family using it a lot.  If you want more information on Sodastream or House Party, I encourage you to check them out.  Sodastream has several items at 50%.


I made lots of Buffalo Chicken Sliders and my Super Soft Hamburger Buns in a mini size for all the kids.  They were gone in seconds.  One of the teen boys said he didn't want any because he didn't like Mystery Meat.  I assured him it was made of ground chicken.  I found the recipe here, and it's going into my permanent recipe file.  They were THAT good and so easy to put together.


A sampler of just some of the many flavors
 Pre sodastream party

 Blake (making a C for Conaway) and Chris were the soda makers.  They had fun making the bubbly combinations
 A few of the kids 
 This girl can play the guitar!  She plays a mean Deep Purple
 Smoke on the water....fire in the sky.



 I think Hank really wanted the Broncos to win.  When the final score was announced, he resorted to his bed to sulk with his team colored toy.  I'm sorry Hank.
Instagram


test signature

0 comments: