Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Checkout 51 and ibotta

I just learned about Checkout 51, and I think it's awesome for saving money.  If you have a smartphone, you can download the app.  Every Thursday they list the offers for that week.

It couldn't be easier to use!

1) Browse your offers
2) Purchase
3) Take a snapshot of your receipt
4) Get cash back in the form of a check!
The only downsides I see is you have to wait to accumulate $20.00 before they'll send you a check BUT you get $2.00 with your first receipt of $20.00 or more.  Also, I don't really like the idea of sending a pic of my receipt because it lists the last four of my credit/debit card numbers.  I guess I can always pay cash for those items.

I've had ibotta on my phone for several months now, but never used it.  They've got some pretty good offers that aren't only limited to grocery items so I really should be taking advantage of it.  With ibotta, you can get your payout in the form of a gift card, redbox, or cash through PayPal.
test signature

0 comments: