Thursday, January 30, 2014

Well, my menu plan definitely changed up a bit from what I planned.  Life happened, and my son moved out permanently.  I had intentions of posting a picture of each dinner I made but I wasn't able to.
For the first time ever in my life, I cooked a whole turkey!  I am so proud of myself that I finally conquered my fear of it and did it.  Will I do it again? Definitely NOT.  It's something about tucking the wings back, and tying the legs together that really creeps me out!


Excuse my oven - it could use a cleaning but the cleaning lady never comes anymore...ahem.
I coated the turkey with melted butter mixed with Rosemary and Thyme.  I also threw in some poultry seasoning and a little salt and pepper.  It roasted with quartered potatoes, onions and cut celery and carrots.  I was surprised that it came out very tender and juicy.
test signature

2 comments:

enigman said...

It looks wonderful!! Don't ever be afraid to cook a turkey! I promise; they will not hurt you. ;) I've made many turkeys and I *always* brine them now and cook them overnight at a low temperature. I know this is a controversial method but it's worked out great for me, and I've cooked many turkeys over the years this way. Thank you for sharing your great pictures and making me hungry! :D

Love,
Toni C.

Unknown said...

test