Thursday, January 30, 2014

Super Soft Hamburger Buns


I made these buns earlier this month, and they were a hit!  They went super fast because they were so dang good.

I found the recipe here:


I halved the recipe because I didn't want to make THAT many:

4 c All purpose flour (I used bread flour)
1 T salt
1 T sugar
1 1/2 t active dry yeast
1 1/2 c warm water
1/6 c vegetable oil
1 egg

I have made these twice now, once by hand using my Kitchen Aid mixer, and once in my bread machine.  I guess they keep in the freezer well - I've frozen them but for only a total of 5 days because we keep dipping into them.
Let me know if you try it, and what you think.


test signature

1 comments:

enigman said...

Who'd have thought it was possible to make your own hamburger buns?! And they look so yummy, too! Thank you for posting this; I've bookmarked it and hope to make it sometime. Thank you for sharing!

Love,
Toni C.